Monthly Archives: August 2012
So I decided to look for some shows that I have shot and put them here and remind me of “The night they drove old dixie down”.
I also remember seeing a show probably in the mid seventies at Rickwood Field that featured Kiss, Bob Seger and Kansas on two different stages. I shot that show but I have no idea what happened to those negatives. The picture of Gene Simmons here came from a later show.
In order are Elvis Presley from 1976 in Tuscaloosa. Just a year before his death. And then Jimmy Buffett, Harry Chapin, Billy Joel, Chuck Mangione, Mick Jagger and Kiss.
I’ll keep looking for old concert negatives and slides. I’m guessing I photographed dozens of shows along the way.
- The first picture is the late Alabama Governor George C. Wallace entering an Eclectic, Alabama church for a campaign stop in 1981.
- Followed by the legendary Alabama football coach Paul “Bear” Bryant getting a ride from players after an SEC championship clinching win over LSU in Baton Rouge in 1977.
- Former Alabama Governor Fob James is all smiles during a political speech in Winston County in 1986.
- Coal miners arrive by elevator after a shift underground in a Jefferson County mine.
- The Navy marched in the annual Veteran’s Day Parade in Birmingham.
- An elderly couple kisses after being married in a retirement facility in Birmingham.
- For some reason, a person reaches out to a large dog in a car in downtown Birmingham.
- Civil rights icon Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth speaks to a crowd in Selma.
- A robed performer yawns at a high school play rehearsal in Corner, Alabama.
- Jesse Jackson looks over the Edmund Pettus Bridge before the annual bridge crossing in Selma.
- A minor league baseball player leans away from a pitch he thinks is too close in 1985.