Category Archives: Uncategorized
In the last year, fall, spring and summer weddings resulted in some pleasurable work and travel. Including Nashville, Boston, Birmingham and Grayton Beach Florida. Each was different and all were non traditional.
And every one was beautiful and totally unique. Here are a few images from those.
With over thirty years of experience as a photojournalist, most of that time at The Birmingham (Ala.)News, Birmingham based photographer Bernard Troncale can deliver what you need photographically. After working for decades under some of the most challenging conditions in both lighting and location, Troncale can produce high quality work quickly and have it in your hands as fast as you need it. Environmental or backdrop portraiture by Birmingham Photographer Bernard Troncale is available as well as aerial, architectural, industrial and editorial photography. Clients include Delta Sky Magazine, Alabama Power Co., Diverse: Issues In Higher Education Magazine, Lakeshore Foundation, Icebox Coffee, Taziki’s Mediterranean Cafe, Toronto Globe & Mail, The Southern Conference, Equal Justice Initiative, The Birmingham Public Library, HCACR Distribution Business Magazine, National Center on Health, Physical Activity and Disability.
This picture came from a rainy college football game last Saturday. Look at it closely. The guy making the tackle, number 10 from Troy University lost his helmet on the play and his teammate number 33 catches the helmet and doesn’t seem to know what to do with it. This might be the strangest football picture I ever shot.
So I decided to look for some shows that I have shot and put them here and remind me of “The night they drove old dixie down”.
I also remember seeing a show probably in the mid seventies at Rickwood Field that featured Kiss, Bob Seger and Kansas on two different stages. I shot that show but I have no idea what happened to those negatives. The picture of Gene Simmons here came from a later show.
In order are Elvis Presley from 1976 in Tuscaloosa. Just a year before his death. And then Jimmy Buffett, Harry Chapin, Billy Joel, Chuck Mangione, Mick Jagger and Kiss.
I’ll keep looking for old concert negatives and slides. I’m guessing I photographed dozens of shows along the way.
- The first picture is the late Alabama Governor George C. Wallace entering an Eclectic, Alabama church for a campaign stop in 1981.
- Followed by the legendary Alabama football coach Paul “Bear” Bryant getting a ride from players after an SEC championship clinching win over LSU in Baton Rouge in 1977.
- Former Alabama Governor Fob James is all smiles during a political speech in Winston County in 1986.
- Coal miners arrive by elevator after a shift underground in a Jefferson County mine.
- The Navy marched in the annual Veteran’s Day Parade in Birmingham.
- An elderly couple kisses after being married in a retirement facility in Birmingham.
- For some reason, a person reaches out to a large dog in a car in downtown Birmingham.
- Civil rights icon Rev. Fred Shuttlesworth speaks to a crowd in Selma.
- A robed performer yawns at a high school play rehearsal in Corner, Alabama.
- Jesse Jackson looks over the Edmund Pettus Bridge before the annual bridge crossing in Selma.
- A minor league baseball player leans away from a pitch he thinks is too close in 1985.